CURRENT CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Do you love the outdoors? Do you love other people that love the outdoors? Then come grow with us!
We’re looking for passionate, hard-working, bright people to help us, help others, #findtheirtrail
If you think Trailfitters would be a great fit for you, please fill out the form below and attach your resume or submit it in person at our store.
Trailfitters is looking to hire sales associates to help people get ready to hit the trail. Job duties include handling & merchandising inventory, sharing product knowledge, and creating great customer touches for everyone that walks through our doors.
We are looking for good people that can work at least 12-20 hours per week with a mix of availability during days, nights, and weekends.
Perks of being a Trailfitter:
- A locally owned business devoted to fun, the outdoors, & each other
- A sweet employee discount
- Paid Time Off (PTO) to enjoy your trail
- Bottomless views of Lake Superior from a historic Duluth landmark
If you feel you would be a good fit for the position listed, please fill out the form below & attach your resume.
Starting wage is $12/hour with multiple opportunities for growth.
Assistant Store Manager
Trailfitters is looking to hire an assistant store manager. This position reports to the store manager and is a salaried position.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Customer Experience
- Support Store Manager
- Help Lead Daily Operations
- “Out of Respect for the Customer” is the filter used for how we engage and help our customers.
- Genuine greetings, using optimism, zone coverage, asking pertinent questions, listening more than talking, are all basics of customer service and are practiced in the store on a consistent basis.
- Enables employees to go above and beyond to give customers an exceptional experience.
- Leads employees by example and is on the sales floor most of the day.
- Manages escalated customer issues accurately and efficiently.
Support Store Manager:
- Work hand in hand with Store Manager across all operational aspects inducing interview/hiring sales associates, monthly scheduling, sales reporting and ordering store supplies.
- Anticipates Store Manager’s bandwidth and proactively takes on responsibilities to maintain workload balance across positions.
- Forms opinions, respectfully challenges assumptions and identifies opportunities to improve store and team performance.
- Holds sales team accountable and gives specific feedback based on employee performance, both positive and negative.
- Effectively delegates but does not abdicate responsibilities across sales team.
- Reinforces great performance by acknowledging the associate and thanking them.
- Identifies individual interests, gifts, talents and abilities and utilizes them whenever possible.
Help Lead Daily Operations:
- Ensures store sales floor and backstock areas are organized.
- Ensures store is maintained and all equipment and fixtures are in clean working order.
- Manages all cash handling including bank deposits, till drawers and change bag.
- With Store Manager, oversees employee payroll and hours, reporting accurately and in a timely manner.
- Sets action plans based on weekly walk-through and completes them in a timely manner.
- Ensures all backstock product is represented on the floor.
- Manages slow sellers, over-inventories and clearance product.
- Ability to work on feet up to 8 hours per day.
- Afternoon, evening and weekend availability.
- Basic technical skills – comfort and/or ability to quickly learn word processing, spreadsheets and mobile apps.
- Great communication skills, ability to prioritize quickly, social awareness and leading by example.
If you feel you would be a good fit for the assistant store manager position, please fill out the form below & attach your resume.